Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Special 100 Mile Club® Kickoff Assembly at Rosa Parks Elementary

Today was an incredible day. When did it become a daily occurrence that I have the honor and privilege of meeting people like Dan Benintendi? Sometimes when I get home at night, I ask myself, Did that just happen?  Is this really happening?  It IS!!

Two years ago, Dan weighed 400 pounds. Today, he is an ULTRAendurance athlete. He shared his story with some of our kids today at our 100 Mile Club® Kickoff Assembly at Rosa Parks Elementary.



 
 

"My goal is to restore a sense of hope, a feeling of self-worth, and a strong sense of accomplishment through every small trial or obstacle that is overcome by these wonderful children. If we can give them their pride, dignity, and self-worth back, we have a much greater chance of allowing them to gain their health back. Please, help restore hope to these children, help donate to a cause that is worth-while, and be a part of something that could change the lives of future generations to come." Dan Benintendi


The 100 Mile Club® Project has helped me connect with SO many people who see the true value in helping our kids become happy, healthy, and connected through attainable and personal physical fitness goals. I am humbled and honored each and every day...and I am having the time of my life!


Thank you, Dan, for visiting our kids today. Thank you for sharing your journey. Most importantly, though, thank you for taking care of yourself and showing our kids that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.


Follow Dan at http://www.swimfromobesity.com/ or http://www.trimywill.com/ .

No comments: