Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lesson learned.



It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.
~John Steinbeck
It is amazing how a good night's sleep and a little determination can solve a problem.  There was something driving me crazy in my Quickbooks and I couldn't find how to fix it.  Honestly, I was feeling inadequate and downright dumb.  I was tired and had been working all day with Annie on a Fellowship proposal.  ::fingers crossed::

They all told me:

"Kara, leave it. Come back tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes."

I listened, reluctantly as usual.  This morning, a Saturday no less, I came back in the office, disabled the alarm, sat down in a silent space and fixed it in about 4 and a half minutes. 

Lesson learned.


1 comment:

Alysa said...

And a good friend like Annie to walk along side.