Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Best Laid Plans

The one on the left...she is serious. Hardcore doesnt begin to describe her.

"Success is not the key to happiness.
Happiness is the key to success.
If you love what you are doing,
you will be successful."
- Albert Schweitzer


I work too late every night because I love what I am doing so much!! I should stop at a certain time, but I never do. What I find as a mom is that I work much better when my kids are safe in bed. I feel like my thoughts are a bit more free-to-flow, and I get a ton done. What I don't get though is sleep.
Today, one of my board members and I met with someone who is helping us with a VERY cool thing for our kids...omg! I can't even say it out loud yet because I am seriously afraid of the wrath of Burns's "best laid plans". Seriously though? huge. HUGE!

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
gang aft a-gley.--Robert Burns ,"To a Mouse"*

*Popularly misquoted as: The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray, or The best laid plans of mice and men go oft astray.

Also, I picked up freshly printed tees and put together Member Incentive Packages for Wednesday delivery, and drove over to my favorite place, Preferred Choice Printing, where I was able to get some fancy (but donated) paper on which to pen a letter to each of our 100 Mile Club site principals about our upcoming Walk for Kids here in SoCal.

Kids go back to school tomorrow after a loooong break. I owe $18 for my daughters Rudolph Run at her school, and $30 to my son's school for their Camp Fit-a-Thon. For both events, they get 100 Mile Club miles. :)

No comments: